Note: Due to the expectation of rain showers, we postpone the walk to Saturday 17 July. The sign-up form will close by Friday 16 July midday.
Bamford Edge is one of the most famous spots in the Peak District. At the edge, you can see the stunning scenery of Ladybower. On Saturday 17 July, we’ll visit there.
We’ll take the 257 bus from Sheffield to Ladybower Reservoir. The walk starts from Heatherdene Car Park, all the way up to Bamford Edge, having lunch there. After having lunch, we will go down to Bamford village and visit Bamford Mills. The walk will finish at Bamford station and we’ll take the train back to Sheffield.
Time and location to assemble: 10.10 am at Sheffield Interchange D3
Returning time: we’ll take a train back, arriving at 4.06 pm.
Transportation Expenses: (buy tickets yourself)
- Outward: £3.5 for 257 Bus from Sheffield to Baslow (one-way).
- Return: £ 5.2 for train from Grindleford to Sheffield.
Things to bring:
- Money for tickets. (Although you may pay by card, we strongly recommend you prepare cash if the machine doesn’t work.)
- Packed Lunch
How long is the walk?
It’s about 7.5 km, we estimate to finish it in 4 hours.
If you have any questions you can email us using the contact form on our homepage.
Click here to sign up for this event, or fill the form below by Friday 16 July midday.
- We hold this event according to the government’s Covid restriction. If it is not allowed to have this kind of in-person event then, we’ll cancel it.
- If the forecast shows it will be heavy rain, we might cancel this event.
- We will notify you of all these changes by email or text message.