Sometimes it’s the smallest decisions that can change your life forever.Anonymous
Life is full of decisions to make, from the childhood decisions about which toy to play with to the adult decisions about which university to apply to, who you will marry, whether you will buy a house, have children, change careers … the list is almost endless! Choice is something that most of us have in abundance, with freedom to choose from a wide variety of options in life. Of course, there are many in the world who do not have as much choice as you do, whose possible paths in life are greatly limited by financial, educational and social factors.
How do you make decisions? Is there a moral framework to which you turn or is it expected that you will be primarily guided by your parents? Or do you regard all decisions as simply a matter of choosing what you prefer or feel that you need? How much has your upbringing influenced how you make decisions?
These are questions we might discuss:
- Do you regard decision making to be mostly about personal choice?
- Who or what most shapes your decision making?
- In your culture, how much do the parents of adult children influence decisions? Are there some decisions regarding which you are expected to submit to your parents’ choice?
- Can you think of a big decision you have made recently? How did you come to that decision?
- Have you ever felt that you have had too much choice, making the decision much harder?
- What decisions do you face now and how will you make them?
- Is there a future decision that you dread? Is there anything that you will do to help yourself?
Come and join our Talk About on Monday 7 June at 7.30 pm, share your idea and make friends.
The Zoom ID and passcode are:
ID: 981 9526 9164